Faculty of computer science and information technology
Riga Technical University
Expertise: - Industrial automation and robotics, industrial modeling;
- Autonomous robotics (indoor and outdoor);
- Robotics modeling and simulation;
- Intelligent software;
- Machine learning and data mining;
- Symbolic artificial intelligence and logic;
- Multiagent systems;
- Sensors and sensor networks;
- Systems analysis;
- Requirements engineering;
- Information systems development;
- Knowledge management systems development Networking, monitoring, and agility issues of business and information systems.
Facility: - Long term cooperation agreement with Microsoft Inc. and IBM that allows to access and use for scientific purposes software of the mentioned companies, including development tools, modeling tools etc.;
- Different agent modeling and agent development software packages;
- Computing center with multicore servers and HPC abilities. HPC is used for multiagent systems modeling;
- 3COM certified Wireless communication laboratory with fast prototyping facilities and parts;
- ABB IRB 1600 robotic cell that is equipped with appropriate software (RobotMaster) and is used as large scale CNC machine for rapid prototyping of large objects;
- Well equipped mechanical workshops and device test premises for prototyping and experiments;
- Mechanical and electronic design software tools, including Solidworks, Autocad etc.
- Mathematical modeling tools Matlab and Mathcad.
- Electronic equipment testing center (http://www.leitc.lv/), that is a part of our university.
- Long term agreement with iRobot representatives that enables to use Roomba and other robot platforms as a testbed for single or multi agent robotic systems;
- Agreement with Riga Technical College that enable to access industrial CNC equipment for fast and precise prototyping;
Priority: Currently our research priorities are:
- Multiagent robotic systems for use in agriculture and household applications;
- Autonomous, highly mobile robotic platforms for use in outdoor environments;
- Intelligent control over industrial equipment;
- Knowledge management;
- Service-oriented software development. We use Microsoft .NET and IBM