Solution4Farming (S4F) project aim to provide solutions for GHGs emissions mitigation for the mixed farming systems across different European climate while increasing circularity. To reach this aim the Project will address objectives to:
- Systemic identify synergy and complementarity with other sectors for mixed crop-livestock production;
- To identify the most suitable solutions for each climate area to increase circularity in mixed farm;
- To develop ICT tools to mitigate GHG emissions;
- To test and validate the project solutions;
- To assess the effectiveness of the project solutions based on an LCA approach;
- To provide the dissemination, communication, and channel to results exploitation.
The project solutions will be demonstrated in three pilots. Pilot 1 explore the management options to mitigate GHG emissions in a mixed crop-livestock production, Pilot 2 evaluate regional synergies between livestock and crop production for enhancing agro-systems circularity in southeastern Spain, while Pilot 3 test new solutions to increase circularity and mitigate GHG emissions The solutions will be tested in a pilot plant in Poland.
- Develop new technologies to increase circularity and reduce GHG emissions new liquid and solid fertilizers, new adsorbents for use in ammonium nitrogen removal.
- Create a Decision Support System for management of the mixed crop-livestock farms activities to mitigate GHG emissions.
- Elaborate management options to enhance agrosystems circularity based on the regional synergies between livestock and crop production.
- Create new controlled growth module to be used for the cultivation tests related to high-value crops.
- Mixed farms systemic approach – challenges mapping and sustainability indicator
- Preliminary testing of the anaerobic digestion of local agricultural waste in laboratory scale
- Plan and preliminary design of the Controlled Growth module
- User requirements and architecture design for the Decision support platform and deployment of IoT devices for measurements for the Pilot#1
- LCA strengths and limitations in representing mixed crops and livestock farming system
- Stakeholder consultations
Dr Mihaela Balanescu, Beia Consult International, Romania
- POLAND: Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
- SPAIN: Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena
- FINLAND: Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
- ROMANIA: University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest
- The Solution4Farming project started on 1 December 2021 and runs until 30 November 2024.
- Website: https://agile.ro/solution4farming/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/solution4farm
Presentations and articles
- Introduction meeting December 2021
- Unlocking Sustainable Farming with Solution4Farming (S4F)