How to write a proposal for EU projects
On the background of the pre-announcement for the following call: 2022 Joint Call for transnational, collaborative, inter-/ transdisciplinary research projects on ICT-enabled agri-food systems
The aim of the boot camp is to bring together PhD students and young researchers dealing with agriculture and food systems, and provide a space for discussion and exchange. The boot camp will provide training in fundamental principles of proposal writing using as practical example a joint call of the ERA-NET ICT-AGRI-FOOD. The boot camp sets out to bring together participants from across the entire food system (from conventional and organic supply chains) in a multi-actor approach. The boot camp participants will have the chance to get to know the process from idea to application and to develop own project ideas together with other researchers, present their ideas and interact with each other and –with stakeholders. Besides the training on proposal writing skills, the participants will learn and understand the perspective of funders and how to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
Who can participate?
Target audience for the training boot camp will be young scientists from different disciplinary backgrounds, institutions and countries and invites specifically
- PhD students
- Young researchers who have obtained their PhD within the last 2 years
What is the format?
The boot camp encourages young researchers to find a “consortium” and work on a project idea responding to a currently open call from the ERA-NET ICT-AGRI-FOOD. The participants have the opportunity to also submit their proposal under the open call if given that the chosen topic and consortium composition fit to the requirements of the call.
The boot camp consists of two modules, an introductory day on 28 April 2022 followed by a two-days hands-on boot camp by the end of May 2022 (foreseen dates are 19-20 May 2022, to be confirmed). Both modules will be conducted as online events to give all countries and regions an equal opportunity to participate in the boot camp.
How to participate?
In the Introductory session (28.04.2022):
In the workshop 19-20.05.2022
Fill in the application form stating your interest to participate, accompanied by a set of information on your motivation and relevance to participate in the boot camp based on the pre-announcement of the call. Because time and space is limited, the selection for participation will follow these criteria:
- The application/motivation letter for participation needs
- To be complete in terms of content
- To have a strong motivation to participate in the boot camp
- To have demonstrated interest in the research area
- To demonstrate that the current research area and experience of the applicant fits to the transdisciplinary approach – and the research topic of the call
- National Balance
- A “consortium for the call” (= working group during the WS) must consist of minimum 3 parties of 3 different countries/regions. For the hands-on boot camp the organizer’s will set up working groups that reflect as much as possible the formal requirements of the call in respect to country-composition and multidisciplinary expertise.
Everyone is invited for application without restriction in respect to race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information on the upcoming call, please follow the link: https://ictagrifood.eu/node/44929
Please contact us for any further questions:
ICT AGRI FOOD: email@example.com
Agrarsysteme der Zukunft: Schreiner@igzev.de