The Green New Deal and Farm to Fork strategy put precision agriculture and smart farming among the main instruments for a more sustainable practice. The EU Common Agriculture Policy provides several opportunities (eg. ‘eco-schemes’, Innovation through EIP AGRI Operational Groups, different kind of Investments, etc.). Besides the many potential benefits, precision agriculture and smart farming bring also the problem of data management, data interoperability and machine interoperability.
Objective: The session is aiming at exchanging info among Regions about:
- existing precision agriculture/smart farming regional initiatives;
- actual technologies/sectoral needs where precision farming practices are supported/deployed;
- existing approaches or initiatives to solve the issue of data management and interoperability;
- EU funding programmes of possible interest for the promotion of interregional projects.
Date & Location:
- May 22nd 2023 - 16:00-18:00
- NOI Techpark, Via Alessandro Volta 13A, 39100 Bolzano BZ, Italy Room: A1.1.07 (seminar 5)
- 16:00 - Introduction to the session by the two WG lead partners, Tuscany and North-Holland
- 16:10 - The European Partnership for Agriculture of Data, opportunities for Regions and regional innovation ecosystems. Valerio Abbadessa, European Commission DG AGRI (online)
- 16:20 - Roundtable on regional experiences with the participation of experts from: Flanders, Murcia, Pays-de-la-Loire, Thuringia, Tuscany, Zuid-Holland
- 17:30 - The new S3 Community of Practice: opportunities for the S3 HTF partnership and the S3 Partnership on Traceability and Big Data. Tuscany Region
- 17:45 - Final discussion and conclusion
The session is moderated by Luc Haverkamp, Province of Noord-Holland
ERIAFF Partners unable to attend in person the event can join the session online via this Teams link