Project informationFuture Internet - Orchards Automated Management System
Call: Services and Applications for Smart Agriculture
|No||Partner||Contact||Country||Total 1000€||Funded 1000€||Funder|
|1 Coord.||OOB Software LTD||Panagiotis Stamatelopoylos||Cyprus||124.2||93.2||SmartAgriFood|
|2||Department of Engineering|
Aarhus School of Engineering
|Claus Sørensen||Denmark||47.4||45.1||Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education|
Ministry of Higher Education and Science
|3||Group Leader Sensor Development and Application|
Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering
|Manuela Zude||Germany||78.4||78.4||Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture|
FI-ORAMA (Future Internet - Orchards Automated Management) will use a range of FI-WARE enablers to develop a Farm Management information System (FMIS) for applying precision agriculture management at orchards and vineyards. It will be applied for collect all data generated in the field at site-specific level and this information will be collected and stored in a manner to be used for further purposes, such as certification or traceability. FI-ORAMA allows orchard growers and vine growers to collect and analyze data in multiple levels of aggregation. Data will be collected automatically from sensors in the field (i.e. soil moisture sensors) or obtained externally (i.e. local weather station) where possible but due to having individual trees and hand-picking of fruit, the system will automate the process of data to be manually entered into a portable device in the field.
The system provides a mobile app that facilitates data collection and displays simple reports, the data is stored in the cloud. Storage and processing is powered by FIWARE generic enablers described below. Detailed reporting and advanced data manipulation will be possible via web interface.
The system functionalities are listed below:
* Real time reports
* Automatic data collection from sensors and external providers
* Manual data collection assisted by the mobile application
* Decision Support System with a limited set of predefined patterns and the ability for user-defined custom patterns and alerts.
* Activity calendar that records all operations
* Precision farming capabilities for generation of yield, quality and soil maps
* Spatial data storage like field boundaries, tree positions, tree variables (manual and automatic entries) and area variables such as soil humidity etc.
* Dual user roles, farmer and agricultural advisors
* Ability to connect farmer and agricultural advisors for real-time advice, via email